Monday, September 10, 2007

I think I can handle it on my own thanks...

Category: Shopping (honestly the one time...)
Phrase: Qualcosa come questo?
Translation: Something similar to this?

I am by no means big on shopping; in fact, I hate it more here than in the States: I am the one who holds the money, so I am the one who decides if I like it. Here you cannot simply try on one shirt without someone hounding you for your size in every other shirt in the establishment. This shopping venture happened in Florence, and I am reluctant to find out what Rome is like. Lucky for me, the saleslady said this phrase many times so I was sure to remember it. Since when is buying a shirt a group effort? I mean for guys...

Perhaps this question could be phrased as a statement when I actually know what I am looking for and verbally ask for help.

Scott

No comments: